- Computational Linguistics
My research lies in computational linguistics and natural language
processing, focusing on
(a) developing methods to automatically
resolve various ambiguities in natural language, and
models of natural language from very large corpora.
I am currently working on ways to disambiguating a large vocabulary of
words using statistics and machine learning techniques.
Prior to arriving at Yamanashi, I spent nearly six years at OKI and
the Institute for New Generation Computer Technology, where I am
working on English to Japanese machine translation system and
discourse understanding system based on logic programming.
- Information Retrieval and Information Extraction Applied to NLP
I am also working on ways to classify documents automatically, summarise multi-documents, and track events.
- 1994-current : Yamanashi University, JAPAN
- 1988-1992 : Institute for New Generation Computer Technology (ICOT), JAPAN
- Discourse Understanding based on Logic Programming
- Japanese syntactic grammars
- 1987-1992 : OKI Electric Industry Co.,Ltd., JAPAN
English to Japanese Machine Translation System
- Work: Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering
Yamanashi Univ. 4-3-11, Kofu, Takeda, 400-8511, JAPAN
- Tel/Fax: + 81-55-220-8509